From NLG Systems Wiki
- System Name: FoG
- Short Description: FoG (Forecast Generator) provides bilingual generation of operational weather forecast reports.
- System Builders: Bourbeau, Carcagno, Kittredge, Polguère, Goldberg
- Development Period: 1990–1992
- Languages: English, French
- Domain: weather
- Theoretical framework: MTM
- Forerunner: RAREAS
FoG (Forecast Generator) provides bilingual generation of operational weather forecast reports. The first operational forecast produced by FoG was issued on Feb.27, 1992.
- ↑ Bourbeau, L., Carcagno, D., Goldberg, E., Kittredge, R., & Polguère, A. (1990). Bilingual generation of weather forecasts in an operations environment. Paper presented at Proceedings of the 13th. International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING'90), Helsinki, Finland. Bib
- ↑ Goldberg, E., Driedger, N., & Kittredge, R. (1994). Using Natural-Language Processing to Produce Weather Forecasts. IEEE Expert, 9(2), 45. Bib
Facts about FoG
|Description||FoG (Forecast Generator) provides bilingual generation of operational weather forecast reports. +|
|Language||English +, and French +|
|Worker||Bourbeau +, Carcagno +, Kittredge +, Polguère +, and Goldberg +|